Monday, June 1, 2009

Notes from the Berkshires:Day 0

5/31, 9.21 p.m.

Another very pleasant travel day, with no problems to speak of in the three main areas of potential trouble: weather, traffic, or construction. That last is particularly surprising, considering the time of year, which is usually prime time for lane closures, detours, and general mayhem on the highways. No complaints here.

I had almost forgotten how much I enjoy the scenery in this area, which is a cross between the mountains of the west and the rolling wooded areas of the midwest. I managed one photo stop, looking west from the very western edge of Massachusetts back into New York. Not far from Pittsfield, where I’ll spend the next 11 weeks or so.

Met with the landlord upon arrival, to obtain keys and be shown around the place. It’s an upstairs apartment in a very old building, but the place is furnished, neat, and clean. I’ll be sharing with another of the piano tech interns, and the third will be in a single apartment at the rear of the same building. My roommate has yet to arrive, so I have the space to myself this evening. Made a run to the grocery store for staples, whipped up a simple meat sauce, which I ate gratefully, (last actual meal was nearly 48 hours ago), cleaned up the kitchen and went for a walk towards downtown to stretch the legs. Called Mom and V to let them know I arrived safely, and now am getting pretty close to crashing.

Tomorrow the adventure begins for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment