Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Feedback and a new piano

Notes from the Berkshires, Day 23

Lenox Coffee 7.26 a.m.

Three tunings yesterday, and some minor work otherwise. I was dragging a bit from my travels on Sunday, and headed home for a relaxing evening and an early crash. Today I feel much refreshed, and ready to hit it. I start off the day with some 1-on-1 time with SC, evaluating one of my tunings from yesterday, and then working on voicing. I’m excited to get feedback on the tuning and for any information on voicing, which is a subject that fascinates me and a skill I want to develop. Otherwise the day will be spent in the Shed, working on the conductor’s room piano, which is a nice B that I haven’t had my hands on much to this point. The weather looks to be improving, perhaps even some sun to be seen, and warmer temperatures ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment