Thursday, June 11, 2009

In the Summertime?

Notes from the Berkshires, Day 11

Lenox Coffee, 7.17 a.m.

This has been an unusually long spring, both here and in the Midwest, it seems; it simply refuses to get truly warm. I’m not sure they’ve had a day above 80 here, and I know it’s only happened once in Gurnee and that was back in April, I think. Not complaining too much – it’ll end soon, no doubt (summers' official beginning is only ten days off) – but I find myself longing for a morning when I don’t take a jacket to work with me.

I put some more pieces of the regulation puzzle together yesterday, I think. However, it still seems like every time out I either forget to perform one crucial step or do things in an order that creates more work for me. Had a bit of a forehead-slapping “of course” moment when it was explained to me why the particular procedure Scott espouses actually works. The more times something is presented to me the more likely it is to actually stick in my tiny brain.

There was also a cool moment yesterday when I was walking down the trail from one venue to another, and just started grinning like a fool, with the realization of where I was and what I was doing there. I’m a lucky so-and-so.

Today we get into another space which houses 12 pianos, and we need to get them all set up and ready to go by the end of the day, so we’re free to get to the next spaces available on Friday and Saturday. I think it’s going to be hectic from here on out. I also made an appointment at a garage on the way to the grounds to have my taillight examined; I’m hopeful it’s a simple fix and that I won’t be charged resort-level prices for the work. This evening the three of us tech fellows will host dinner at our apartment for Scott, our supervisor, as he passes the baton to the supervising tech for the remainder of the summer on Sunday. Lasagna is the entrée, crème brulee for desert, and my contribution will be a spinach salad of some sort to be determined by what I find at the grocery on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment