Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Satisfying my bad a-r Type-A self...

Notes from the Berkshires, Day 9

Lenox Coffee, 7.38 a.m.

I freely admit it: little details bug me to distraction. After a week of looking at the blog and seeing the date of posting mismatched to the date of the entry, I can't stands it no more. A slight alteration in the postings, then. I'll post on the day of the entry, and simply past my notes from the day before. This also provides an opportunity to look ahead to the coming day, instead of constant recapitulation. I can be more creative with titles, too; "Notes from the Berkshires, Day X" was already getting old over there on the right side of the page.

See how I am? Maybe this is why I'm good at repetitive tasks like tuning and regulating a piano.

ANYWAY, it is, indeed, raining here for the first time since my arrival, and so far it's not unpleasant. I suppose I'll change my opinion once the pianos start soaking up all of the excess moisture, putting molasses into all the moving parts, but for now, with a coffee in front of me in the warm and cozy coffee shop, everything is just fine. I'll head in a little early today, in an attempt to finish the regulation I began late yesterday afternoon, and then it will be off to wherever Scott sends me. We still have quite a few pianos that we haven't seen yet, so I anticipate the week will just become busier as it progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment