Saturday, May 30, 2009

On the road

9.43 pm E.S.T - Just outside of Buffalo, NY

I had a full day of driving, managing over 550 miles, which is about as much as my brain and back can take anymore. Quite painless, actually, with good weather and light traffic. Once through Ohio, the scenery really started to change, and I regretted having my camera stowed in the back of the van. I-90 runs along lake Erie from Cleveland all the way to Buffalo, and along with picturesque views of the lake were many vineyards; I had no idea that grapes were such a big crop in this area of the country.

Tomorrow will end up being a rather short-ish drive of 5 hours or so, getting me to the Pittsfield area in plenty of time to scope things out in preparation for diving in to work on Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment